Sign in to follow this  
Quickchevys

how to get overall height?

Alright I'm sure this is just a basic thing and I am just unable to see it. What is the easiest way to get the height of the house from foundation/ground to top of roof? I have to keep the house under a certain height and I can't seem to find how to measure it.

You can get it from dbx the roof plane Ridge top height, or do story pole dimension from cross section.

You can also measure it from any elevation view or section view.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BethCBD
    Newest Member
    BethCBD

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, is there a way to display the ceiling elevation (height) on plan view, as we typically show them on architectural drawings?
    • By shelby
      Greetings all,

This may seem like a dumb question, but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm trying to measure the total height of a structure I designed (from the floor of the first floor to the tip of the roof). The CAD tools are helpful for taking 2D measurements (width and depth), and I can see height information for rooms in the room specification box, but I don't see any tool that tells me the total height of the structure, including the roof. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this one? Driving me crazy, as I am working with some vertical restrictions. 

Many thanks in advance!

Kira
    • By cjanderson66
      I am wondering if there is an easy way to change the height of a current 2nd floor level.  During my initial measurement of an existing home, I thought the floor joists were 2X12's but in actuality they are 2X10's.  Now after discovering this during the construction process I need to make a few corrections but without the correct floor height it is making it challenging.  My question to you all is, is there and easy way to change the height of the second floor all at once without having to go into each room and change the floor level? 
    • By Arkad7
      How do I stop Chief Architect from changing multiple rooms/levels when I change the ceiling height of one room? On a split level house, if I change the height of the kitchen, all the walls on the adjoining level drop to the height of the kitchen wall. So the kitchen wall is 9 feet, and the bedroom walls are 5 feet. If I change the bedrooms back, the kitchen wall becomes 14 feet tall. The kitchen isn't even touching the exterior wall between the two levels. I've tried room dividers to separate the two. I've only had the program for a couple weeks, and I'm at a standstill. 

• By SMC2992
      Hi:
      i am building this structure and cannot proceed further as i want to draw flat roof on sides and hop roof in the middle of the building with different height as mentioned, can any one help me in this
      MI room 2.plan