some glitches happening

skirby19

I am having some really weird things going on.

1. my 2nd floor deck. - It used to look perfect and now out of nowhere it looks like this.
    1. the post are suppose to be 84" to meet the arches and railings at 42".
    2. note: i've made a workaround and created a polyline for the deck to extend past the railing.

Is there a refresh button i'm missing to reconfigure and fix the glitch?

edit: I reset my defaults and it kinda fixed it. so i'm on the right track.

Egan Plan - 4.plan

on the same deck...there is a dotted line on the railing. ??? it's doing some strange stuff here,

i'm using x8

edit: I turned of the ceiling break lines and that fixed at least this portion of my problem.

post-8249-0-83703300-1459285603_thumb.jpg

I've noticed you need to model very cleanly inside Chief or these "glitches" can become issues.  Just looking at your model you don't have very clean transitions between roof-lines - and you can visually see the "glitch" in elevation - so you may need to clean up the model if you wan to eliminate.

post-75-0-23944900-1459286736_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-28464300-1459286805_thumb.jpg

on the same deck...there is a dotted line on the railing. ??? it's doing some strange stuff here,

i'm using x8

edit: I turned of the ceiling break lines and that fixed at least this portion of my problem.

Turning off ceiling break lines didn't actually fix anything. It just hid your problem so you can no longer see it in plan view. I only took a quick look, but truth is that I don't see any "glitches". As Johnny suggested you just don't have a super clean model is all. I'm not sure where to start as I'm obviously not very familiar with your project, but you have some discrepancies between your roof heights, your ceiling heights, your roof structure settings, your soffit settings, your roof overhangs, and/or your deck wall settings...maybe all the above...and maybe even more than that. All the issues can be fixed by changing the correct settings though.