kwilkins

Door labels with macro not showing in plan

in x7, I changed the default for door and window labels to (specify label) %width% but it isn't showing on the plan.  it still shows W02.

I changed it in the individual window, but it still isn't showing on the plan.  same as above.

I'd like to change them all automagically and not have to do them individually.

I'll be doing this also for the doors.

post-8576-0-59071000-1458676181_thumb.jpg

Door & Window Labels will not display in the Plan if the Schedule Callouts are being used.

How would I change that?  I saw a post that that was an option in x6, but I didn't see it in x7,

I think the only way you'll be able to get both labels to show would be to manually place one of them or maybe group select all your windows late in the process and Copy/Paste in Place. Uncheck Include in schedule for the 2nd copies and put them on their own layer.

Thank you for the replies.  I don't need both of them to show, just the macro %width%,

You'll have to select your schedule then and uncheck "Display as Callout" (which is what Joe was alluding to).

Got it!   Thanks.  I didn't know to change it in the schedule, I only found in the kb, etc to change them in the defaults or the individual windows/doors.

Thank you again!.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefJeet
    Newest Member
    ChiefJeet

• By SteveByars
      Some objects, like GFCI's, toilets with a handle, or kitchen faucets with a lever control are tedious to locate. When inserting them into a plan they are located based on the center of the symbol, including the 'GFCI' label or the side handle. Is there a way to redefine the 2D insertion point of these symbols?  Thanks!
    • By KTransue
      Anyone know if there is a text macro that reflects the name of a "Saved Plan View" attached to a layout window view port?  I've looked, and searched ChiefTalk, and even a general Google search, but I'm not finding anything.  Am I missing the obvious?
    • By ccarpenter18
      In X12 I've noticed that when using Structural Member Reporting in a material list, the price column in the list does not appear to be sensitive to whether a "per unit" or "per length" calculation is being performed by the material list.  In both cases, the material list appears to use the same Price variable in the Component Panel of each object.  Does anyone know of some Ruby scripting that could be used to correct this?  Off hand, I'm thinking of a macro inserted into the Price variable on the Component Panel of each structural member that would use the Material List row context to report a price that depends on how the row wants to use the Price.
    • By wjmdes
      OK, so today I learned that Legacy is just a fancy term for obsolete.  See, I do know how to search  

I have numerous macros, from others and some I wrote.  Has there been any enhanced documentation regarding what "migrating" is going to do to my macros and what I can expect? Or how to fix issues? Is this going to put the brakes on my workflow?  I know enough to write small macros for menial tasks, but I do not have an extended knowledge.

Or is this just not a big deal?

• By kylejmarsh
      Wondering if there's a way to drop the '0' which is generated in front of the schedule numbers. It adds size to my labels and most of the time there are less than 10 items so it wouldn't be confusing - but I haven't been able to find any options where we can omit this automatically generated zero.

Anybody have any tips or insight?