Is This Possible? - Auto Cad Wall Details

DakotaContractor

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Are you trying to make a sort of wall schedule, key, or legend? If so, I personally usually just draw a small length of each wall type off to the side somewhere along with the appropriate text and just send that to layout.

You could also draw a section of each wall type and then do a CAD detail from view.

Walls have multi-line labels now. You can put any description in that label and turn it on to create a wall legend of sorts. Joe has been asking for Chief to release more of Ruby so we could just add it to elevations and details. Right now a wall label is it.

A wall schedule or legend aye. Where the walls are marked as what type on the plan and then there are details in the plans for each wall type. This was pretty standard in the plans when I was doing commercial construction. This being my first set of plans, not sure if it's overkill for residential. The way you are describing to do it sounds like the most logical and easy way if there isn't a "Create Detail" button hidden somewhere in the "wall type" tab lol.

The closest thing to "create detail" would be using CAD Detail From View...in a blank plan if you want to avoid cropping the excess.

Drawing actual sections of wall off to the side has its benefits though. If you ever make any changes to one of the wall types, the wall section will automatically update.

I tried the method you were describing Michael but couldn't get the wall drawn off to the side to show up in cross section/elevation or back-flipped. Attached a view of what I've been trying to create, painfully slow and not as neat as I'd like doing it by hand. Does the method you were describing Michael get me to this type of "detail" for the walls drawn off to the side? If so, what step am I missing?

post-5277-0-26475700-1455560876_thumb.jpg

I tried the method you were describing Michael but couldn't get the wall drawn off to the side to show up in cross section/elevation or back-flipped. Attached a view of what I've been trying to create, painfully slow and not as neat as I'd like doing it by hand. Does the method you were describing Michael get me to this type of "detail" for the walls drawn off to the side? If so, what step am I missing?

Yes it would. I'm not at my computer right now. Maybe when I get back I'll make a quick video...if someone hasn't helped you out before then.

That would be fantastic. Thanks Michael help is massively appreciated. Still trying to get through this first set of prints and hoping to get it down to a science since I need to do it 9 more times for 9 more floor plans after this one *facepalm*. Next time I'm telling the client to go see an architect lol.