Missing Exterior Wall In 3Ds Export

jrussell

Hi all. I'm exporting a client's model as a 3DS file to import into SketchUp Pro 2015 so I can render it with Vray. I like Chief's rendering options, I'm just exploring some different client interface vectors.

Here's a screenshot of the 3DS model after I opened it in Sketchup:

lot-10-test.bmp

Any idea as to the cause of the missing wall?

Thanks.

(Also, how do I add an image/thumbnail straight into my post without having to attach it for a download?)

This might be too late....but just in case....here's my steps.

1. 3ds exports are from the camera view.  If the layer is turned off, then no export.  Check to ensure your layer is turned on.

2. You may have run into a max vertex error.  If the object reaches the maximum, it will not export....ever.  Go to DAE export, however I find the 3ds nomenclature useful in post production which seems to be lost in DAE.

3. Export DAE. 

Good luck.

Ivan

This might be too late....but just in case....here's my steps.

1. 3ds exports are from the camera view.  If the layer is turned off, then no export.  Check to ensure your layer is turned on.

2. You may have run into a max vertex error.  If the object reaches the maximum, it will not export....ever.  Go to DAE export, however I find the 3ds nomenclature useful in post production which seems to be lost in DAE.

3. Export DAE. 

Good luck.

Ivan

Thanks, Ivan. I still having trouble. It's only one wall that doesn't show up. I'll keep hammering at it.