Sign in to follow this  
Gawdzira

Presentation Of Live Elevations

If anyone is bored and wants to experiment....

I am doing a test of the live elevations and line weights. See the attached pdf comparison to a screen shot. What I am trying to do is punch up the elevation lines on color elevations without cad lines. The elevations are set to watercolor and I removed the pattern lines from the shingles so it does not overwhelm the view. The problem is that when printed to pdf with either the CA save as pdf or a 3rd party pdf driver I am not getting any line weight variation.

CA files here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iull2034vnqirua/AADKvg2acyM2ZH5xdf4cgUyda?dl=0

LEH Viz DD v2 FULL SIZE COLOR TEST wc lines ca pdf save.pdf

post-170-0-17905900-1453823396_thumb.jpg

You need to make sure the setting are the same between the plan view, and the layout view. Go to EDIT>PRINT>DRAWING SHEET SETUP and make sure they match between the plan and layout. 

post-70-0-18229200-1453823951_thumb.png

And I might add....make sure you are using the line weights attached to the view when sending to layout.

Check the layer WALLS, NORMAL and see what it is set at. It would need to be set at a thicker line weight for it to work. I set WALLS, NORMAL and ROOF PLANES at a heavier line weight in my EXTERIOR ELEVATIONS layer set, and then send them to layout. This is the results I get.

post-70-0-24769900-1453846796_thumb.png

emma front.pdf

If I was sending Vector views that would be true but I am sending WaterColor views. My  section view layerset has Walls, Normal at 55.

Alan,

We have been working to improve the quality of line weights on printed live views and expect it to be better with the next update.