Sign in to follow this  
gkc_design

Skylight Well

Any one out there have any suggestions how to replicate this skylight?  It is actually a large light well (14'x10') with a grid system system below.  This is just for rendering purposes.

Thanks in advance.

post-1096-0-37901600-1453254945_thumb.jpg

Make one and replicate it, using transform and replicate tool. Control your frames depth and others in skylight dbx.

Place a window in a wall.

Configure the window with lites, etc, to match what you want. 

Use the delete surfaces tool to delete the wall.

In a 3D view use Convert to Symbol. 

Rotate and place in a ceiling hole.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DarrinKoone
    Newest Member
    DarrinKoone

• By mainst555
      Hi,
      Does anyone know how to create a skylight or ceiling hole at the top of a tray ceiling.  I used the new tray ceiling command and it doesn't seem to allow a hole is the top of the tray
      Thanks in advance
    • By Flach2
      I Just wanted to introduce myself. I’ve been in the building business for 25 plus years, mainly remodeling, (some new homes). Cabinet maker, finish carpenter, remodeler among other things. (I know how things go together!) Can communicate with Architects, builders & remodelers well. Have been certified in & using Chief since version 6. Have been working remotely all over the country for many years. I work fast & reasonably, usually from a matter of days to 2 weeks turn around time. Please see my work here: www.theprojectdesigners.com Plan examples & references available on request.   Thank You for Considering me, Tom Flachbart from The Project Designers   603 770 6078 tom@theprojectdesigners.com   Example_Plans.pdf

• By mddesign
      I have been designing and drafting Residential and Commercial buildings for 20 years. I am available to do drafting for any size project. 

I am fully versed in AutoCAD (started with AutoCAD 9 - NOT a windows program) and am fairly new to Chief.  I started using Home Designer Pro 2017, 2018 and then found the program was quite a bit different from AutoCAD.  Upon review of the Chief Archiect Premier X8, I decided to switch to the more powerful program.  I have used X8, X9 and now X10.  Would love to have the opportunity to design more houses or buildings using this program.

I have drafted well over 100 residential homes.  I also have drafted Commercial buildings.   

I live in British Columbia, and have designed houses for municipalities in BC as well as Alberta and New Brunswick.  I am fairly knowledgeable on the BC Building code and its requirements when it comes to residential houses in BC.  Municipalities I have worked with include: Calgary, Whistler, Vancouver, Williams Lake, Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Lake Country, Penticton, Oliver, Osoyoos, Vernon and Moncton NB.

I am currently using Chief Architect Premier X10 as well as AutoCAD Architecture 2014.  

md design
      Email: mddesign.dan@gmail.com
    • By NellyCA
      Hello, 
      I would love to engage the services of a CA user, ideally in my present location of La Mesa, CA (so I can look over your shoulder)! it is a relatively simple, rectangular layout). I need to describe my exsisting house and, if time permits, apply a couple of my ideas for renovation (I lack the technical skill set at this point to carry out a few simple changes I would like to make). It would be great to get some help with landcaping, too, if time permits.