Local Library Download Failed

designerejdesign

Hi everyone,

OK- so hopefully I am not screwed here. :) And hopefully I can explain this so you can understand. 

I no longer have SSA, and I run X3- which I know is an older version- but the company I work for is small and this gets us by just fine. Long story short- Before SSA ran out forever ago, I "downloaded" a bunch of the vendor libraries to my computer. I never "installed" them on the software because there were so many- and it takes forever. So whenever I needed a certain, say Benjamin Moore paint color, I would go to that catalog (everything has a circle with a line through it and a lock symbol. I would install the item needed and the circle with a line would turn into a solid blue circle. I could then use the item or material. I have been doing it this way for at least 3-4 years. Yesterday I noticed that there is an error message popping up saying I need to either 

1. Connect to the internet (which I am connected- or I couldn't be on this website now)

2. If the library data is located on your computer or disc, enter the folder location and select "ok" to sync locally.

OK- so from all my perusing I know that the library folder is saved under program files- but the individual categories (Dal tile, benjamin moore, zodiaq) aren't listed. Yet I have them in my catalog. No matter how I have tried- it won't "install" or "download" the items like it always used to. 

I attached a picture of the message and what my library browser looks like. Lets say I was trying to install pale almond- this is what comes up. Never happened before. AGH! 

I am I missing a very simple step? Am I forever suddenly not going to be able to access the items listed in my library? I am so confused! It worked the day before! And nothing has changed. You are my last hope. :-)

Thank you so much for any help!! :)

~Trista

You'll probably have to contact Customer Support.  Unfortunately it looks like they no longer carry any of the bonus libraries for X3.  Must have just recently dropped them during the X8 roll out process.  Maybe someone else who still has X3 installed would be willing to share their libraries with you. 

Thanks everyone!

I guess I thought they were already downloaded and I just needed to install them. Not sure what happened, but guess I will be out of luck as SSA will not speak with me unless I upgrade. Looks like we will use our imagination with paint colors and other library materials! I appreciate your help, though! 

~Trista