Small things in X6

TimSchrock

Have just had a project in which I'm doing the 3D framing in X6 for the first time, and noticed a few things that have changed and thinking I'd like it back to the way it used to be....

When I double-click the Joist tool, the Build Framing dbx comes up, but no matter what floor I'm viewing, this dbx shows up with the Foundation options appearing. It used to be that opening the dbx on 2nd floor would automatically appear on the 2nd floor options for building framing.

Also, when I open the Build Framing dbx (double click the Joist tool) and do some auto framing, (having previously drawn some bearing lines or joist direction lines), the General Framing icon (just to the left of the Joist tool) changes to the Build Framing icon, and I can't go back to the Bearing Lines or Joist Direction Lines without clicking the small arrow, and another icon, etc.

Thanks.

You know Tim it's these small things that if fixed improve the experience we have using CA. thanks for bringing this up, you might want to put it in the suggestions forum.

I think you now should be the head of the choir Scott.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    organiccrack
    Newest Member
    organiccrack

• By mattradk
      Will CA X6 run on windows 11?
    • By hotlantajeff
      I looking to buy a old version of Chief Architect X6, X7, or X8 for sale.
      Contact - hotlantajeff
    • By Joe_cul
      I have an old plan and been saving it from X2-X6. When I open it in X9 the walls can not be opened or adjusted. It seems that everything else can be opened. The walls seem to be poly lines. I never opened it and saved it in X7 or X8.
      Any suggestion on opening it so it can be worked on?
      CulottaX6 041414.plan
    • By ChiefCody
      Hello! You are looking for someone who can help design your next project but don't know where to start. With more than 6 years of experience as an architectural designer, I believe that I may be the right freelancer for you. From all of the experience I have gained over the years, I have learned important guidelines and standards to which I apply to every project I am a part of.
      My brief information is as follows:

Field Experience:             
      -Architectural  (6+ Years)                  
      Project Experience:
      -Building plan sets
      -Floor plans
      -Home additions
      -PDF-to-CAD conversions
      -Interior design renderings
      -Remodels
      -Site plans
      Software Utilizing:
      -Chief Architect X6-9
      -AutoCAD 2017

• By juremodel1
      You won't find a price like this anywhere.

I have a license for sale (X6 Full Version) SSA has expired .

Selling for $1200.00 !!!

Contact me via of email ( listed below )

Thanks,
      Joe Ungvarsky
      Joe Ungvarsky Construction Inc.
      Anna Maria Island, FL

email: juremodel1@aol.com