I don't want to open a Pandora's Box and the preference war between Apple vs. everyone else. However, my cell phone is in the process of dying and I have to replace it. In trying to think ahead, I am considering both the iPhone 6s Plus (5.5" screen) and the Galaxy S6 (5.7" screen).

My primary concern is the practical use of Room Planner on a cell phone and interfacing with a Bluetooth laser, especially the E7100i that I just recently bought for this purpose. Will they communicate effectively?

Second question is, will Room Planner functionally work on a cell phone for as-builts with its smaller screen? Is it a waste of time and should I go the tablet route (more money of course since I still have to upgrade my cell phone)?

Any input would be appreciated. I posted this on the Room Planner forum also.

Thanks, Mike

I just upgraded my iPad mini to OP. Ver. 9.0.2, and now my e7100i won't pare with it. Yet it does pare with my Samsung S-6.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ShayKD
    Newest Member
    ShayKD

• By Dougak
      Has anyone used the bosch laser tape measure with the chief architect? I am curious about which laser tape will integrate smoothest with the chief architect X11 software. Thanks in advance Doug Boitz.
    • By DIMENSION
      When I upload a 360 panoramic to my chief architect account and then I share the media via a link and then I click on the link I should be to be able to open and maximize the screen and tilt the 360 up and down and if I wanted to and turn the phone and view in order to put the goggles on it now does not work. 

• By C_Parrilla
      All,

FYI - I'm new to Chief Architect Home Designer 2016 and Room Planner iPad app. 
      I created a simple plan (square room with a few wall and base cabinets) on room planner and saved it to the cloud (Green Cloud icon). I closed the app and reopened it to make sure the changes were saved. Then I go over to Home designer 2016 Architectural (Trial) and  -> create a new design -> and go to import and then "Import Room Planner File". I put in my credentials and see the designs I've. The thumbnail that is displayed for all my plans do show the rooms with the cabinets as it does in the iPad app. The issue is that when i select and import the file, I only see the outline of the room but not cabinets. I did a 3D perspective overview but I only see the walls. No cabinets at all. Am I doing something wrong or is this how the import feature is designed to work? Does it matter i'm using the Trial version of Home Designer? I even went ahead and saved a sample plan that was full of cabinets and rooms but same result. Attached are just a few images of what i see. Any other details needed just let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help everyone.

• By KitchenBear
      I can't connect my Leica D110 to use room planner app on an IPad Air 2, just purchased. iPad Bluetooth won't recognize it, but it's is recognized by the Disto app, but room planner won't pick it up. I just spent a LOT of money and requirements says this is supported device, what's up?
    • By mikiefer
      Does anyone no how to reliably pair an iPad 3rd generation with a Leica E7100 for use in Room Planner? When I go into Room Planner and select Bluetooth Devbices it does not appear. It also doesn't appear in my Bluetooth settings area as an available device. Thx