Looking for a Molding to Match

AlexSmith11

I would create a polyline solid in elevation and shape it accordingly. For something like this I tend to use guide lines to help me maintain consistent spacing and shaping. Since it looks like the curves start at the post edges I would create a polyine box at the post and repeat copy it with the correct spacing. Once I have those lines in place I would use them for snapping the breaks in the polyline solid and then make the edges into curves. By drawing a line for the top of the arc across the whole unit you can then shape the arcs to meet at the tangent point of your top guide line.

Or, create a curve as your guide line and repeat copy that. The curved lines like to snap to other curves.

In elevation view "lay" the p-solid first on one of the post. Then stretch it to the overall size in width and height of the piece you want to have. With the p-solid highlighted, make a break on each side of the post where you want the arch to start. Then click on the section you want arched. Go to the bottom left corner of your CA window and click on "Change Line/Arc" icon. Repeat for all sections where you want arches. This is a very basic procedure in using the tools CA has to offer. I would study the manual and watch the many videos available. There are many free videos at Chieftutor.com, DSHall on Youtube, on Chiefarchitect.com (the training videos). I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you too much. Good luck and welcome to Chieftalk.

post-76-0-29083400-1396925025_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1