ChiefHarley

Attic Wall Not Showing On Floor Camera View

Hello,

My name is Harley and im a new ChiefArchitect Premier X7 user. I am having an issue where the Attic wall is not showing on y floor camera view (pic included). It shows the wall to be framed up in framing view. i checked to make sure attic walls are on in layers panel, it is.

As you can see in the photo, the exterior wall is showing as well as the cathedral ceiling . judt th attic wall is missing...

any ideas? thanks for any advice you might have!

post-7489-0-76119800-1440959745_thumb.png

Part of learning this software is learning what each tool is for and what it does and does not do. The floor camera will not (is not programmed to) show anything other that what is on the "Floor" that camera is created on. The "Full Camera" will include all possible objects from the viewpoint of the camera, the floor camera will  not. Objects will appear or not based on whether or not they are checked "on" or "Off" in your camera view "Display Objects" dialog also, so it can seem a little mysterious as to why objects may be visible in plan views but then not in camera views (that is due to them being on or off in Display Options as well).

Watch the introductory videos and read the Reference Manual carefully, stopping to practice what you read about as you go and you will eventually get comfortable, there is much to learn!

DJP

• Upvote 1

Thanks David! I chose Full Camera and it shoes the whole wall. i was getting so frustrated, i even turned on everything in the Floor Camera display options but it still wasnt showing! never thought to use full camera!! 

Your correct, I have lots to learn! Thanks again for your expertise 

Check "balloon frame" and it will fill in for you.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DMJRestorations
    Newest Member
    DMJRestorations

• By StructEng58
      Hello All, 

I am working on a project, which its an addition to a service garage with an apartment above. The problem that I am having is that I need a new wall against an existing in order not to see a hole in the area of the existing wall. As you can see in the image of the second floor plan below where I circled it is where I need to add another wall. 

As you can see from my front elevation. I have a hole in the area where there is no wall. 

I have attached a back-up of plan to this email for reference also. I am open to other suggestions on how to fix this issue. 

Thank you in advance for the help. 

Chris 
      RB Garage.zip
    • By Designer100
      Does anyone know ho fix issues I have on this commercial remodeling addition?
      1) Windows and bar cabinets are not against the wall!
      2) wall is not showing on full camera looking back toward where it attaches to the existing building. Wall existing is brick on inside, unless I decide to cover it with gypsum bd!
      3) I have a 10 ft. plate with 9 ft dropped ceiling 2 ft x 4 ft acoustic tile in new addition.

x12 

Newell Cheatham 
    • By marinus
      Custom home and mostly residential remodel general contractor in Bellingham, WA is looking for a Lead Designer with extensive experience in computer drafting to join our firm.

Our office space is small and informal, but this allows us to offer a competitive employment package with benefits.

We are looking to hire a professional with experience drafting architectural projects - from the initial designs to permit plans. This self-motivated candidate must have excellent communication skills in order to collaborate with clients and co-workers alike.

You should have a thorough understanding of building components, green building, and good working knowledge of architectural construction documents in residential new construction and remodeling. We are looking for someone who has good problem solving skills and is able to self-manage.

Qualifications:
      • 5+ years of experience in construction/design
      • Strong technical skills
      • Proficient in Chief Architect, AutoCad, Revit or equivalent experience required

Responsibilities:
      • Draft residential (some commercial interior) building designs, details, and permit plans.
      • Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/permit officials/contractors and develop construction details

• By 9atatimer
      I'm using X11 premier on a mac -- I have an exterior garage wall (with a centered garage door) and a gable end -- I'd like to split the attic wall of the gable end into 3 parts -- the central region above the garage door, and the left and right, to have a different material above the garage door.

I have Default Settings > Roof > Auto Rebuild Roof set to Off
      I have Default Settings > Framing > Automatically Build Floor and Ceiling Framing Off on all framing types.
      I have Default Settings > Walls > General Walls > Auto Rebuild Attic Walls set to Off

If I delete the roof and ceiling planes with Build > Roof > Delete [X] and then use the Build > Roof > Build Roof ... dialog to rebuild the roof and attic from scratch -- I leave the Auto Rebuild Roofs set to Off, to be clear -- and then edit the resulting gable roof on the attic layer, I can split it twice to produce the three separate wall sections, but once I change the exterior material on any of the sections, the three wall segments get replaced with a single wall again.  The new wall has my selected material, but that does me no good as I need the distinct secgments.

Anyone know what setting do I need to turn off to maintain the manually edited gable end?  Or is this a mac bug?

Or, barring that, does anyone know what approach will let me give the desired finish detail (attached a pic of a freehand elevation)?