Most OnlineNewest Member
The wall shown is on the same plane with a false gable roof above only a portion. The wall from the interior will reflect the same ceiling height as the rest of the home, but from the front elevation I would like the wall to be taller to move my gable up. How can this be done in CA as the wall heights are dictated by the room's ceiling height?
I am working on a project, which its an addition to a service garage with an apartment above. The problem that I am having is that I need a new wall against an existing in order not to see a hole in the area of the existing wall. As you can see in the image of the second floor plan below where I circled it is where I need to add another wall.
As you can see from my front elevation. I have a hole in the area where there is no wall.
I have attached a back-up of plan to this email for reference also. I am open to other suggestions on how to fix this issue.
Thank you in advance for the help.
Does anyone know ho fix issues I have on this commercial remodeling addition?
1) Windows and bar cabinets are not against the wall!
2) wall is not showing on full camera looking back toward where it attaches to the existing building. Wall existing is brick on inside, unless I decide to cover it with gypsum bd!
3) I have a 10 ft. plate with 9 ft dropped ceiling 2 ft x 4 ft acoustic tile in new addition.
Custom home and mostly residential remodel general contractor in Bellingham, WA is looking for a Lead Designer with extensive experience in computer drafting to join our firm.
Our office space is small and informal, but this allows us to offer a competitive employment package with benefits.
We are looking to hire a professional with experience drafting architectural projects - from the initial designs to permit plans. This self-motivated candidate must have excellent communication skills in order to collaborate with clients and co-workers alike.
You should have a thorough understanding of building components, green building, and good working knowledge of architectural construction documents in residential new construction and remodeling. We are looking for someone who has good problem solving skills and is able to self-manage.
• 5+ years of experience in construction/design
• Strong technical skills
• Proficient in Chief Architect, AutoCad, Revit or equivalent experience required
• Draft residential (some commercial interior) building designs, details, and permit plans.
• Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/permit officials/contractors and develop construction details