little help, roof.

Linghou

Hello all, 

I just got the program for a garage extension that I am building. What I wondering is there a way to lock a roof panel in position so everything builds off it? When i connect the other panels (join selected edge)  it moves the old roof's ridge line. Not going to replace the entire old roof. I have the pro version if that makes a difference. Also can't figure out how to lock each roof panel as a layer. Thanks. 

Hi Ling , if you have Home Designer Pro , you should ask over on HomeTalk , rather than here at ChiefTalk

if you build the Roof and turn off Auto Roof Build in the  Roof DBX , it wont move or rebuild after that but you have to build it 1st.

You can rebuild the Roof with the Retain manual roof planes too (one's you edited) which may help you rebuild if needed.

Always best to post pics or your plan if having issues and fill in your Profile Signature so people know what software and year you are using too as there are different answers for different Products, due to different capabilities.

HomeTalk.

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/