cjanderson66

Glass Shower Wall Help!

Alright I need a bit of help.  I have a bathroom that I have created for a client and put a glass wall in the shower but some how the glass wall is picking up the material surface of the rest of the bathroom.  I have check everything, opened up the wall itself (shows tempered glass in the materials) and can't figure out why it is changing the material of what is in the bath.  The wall is even separated just to see if that would work but it still continues to change the material of the glass wall.

post-64-0-77091200-1434133155_thumb.jpg

You most likely "Painted" the Room.

Select the Room and set the Wall Material to "Use Default".

Joseph, I can't thank you enough for your quick response.  I knew it was something as simple as that.  Thanks for you help.

post-64-0-32097500-1434134497_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CaptainEric
    Newest Member
    CaptainEric

• By rembocanoe66
      I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).
      In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.
      Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 
      It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks
      Ray
    • By jheath21
      Help! How do I connect the walls to the roof?

• By SNestor
      I think I have an issue with my "template" plan as I cannot get walls located above invisible walls to build correctly.  The wall in the attached plan is where the ceiling transitions from 12' tall to a room with a 9' tall ceiling.  I attempted the same drawing in a stock Chief template plan and everything worked like it's supposed to...so, I gather I have a setting in my template plan that is goofy...

Thanks!

Plan attached:   Gable End Wall Not Building Plan.plan
    • By stacimunic
      Hello, 

I am very new to Chief Architect and I am trying to find the best way to create a shower dam (the short 3" wall on the floor of a shower that prevents the water from escaping out of the shower), This wall will also hold the glass walls and doors that the user will access the shower from. Is that created by doing a pony wall, with a 3" lower half or is there a better and easier way to create this?

NOTE: I am using version x11 Interiors (not the PRO version)
    • By kylejmarsh
      Having an issue with wall framing height. Never had this before and have recently upgraded to X11, so wondering if it's operatior error or the program, etc. Anyway here goes:

This shows exactly what happens. The wall framing does not go up to support the plate height.

Have checked the following to no avail:
       Verified ceiling height was accurate
       Wall is marked 'baloon through ceiling above' so we're not talking about a hidden attic wall messing this up - the wall actually does go up to the rafter - just the framing does not.

Any insights?