Foundations Using Piers, Bearers And Joists.

glennw

OK, I think I get it now.

Yusuf is using the ramp elevation to set the height of the rails, or rather, set the bottom height of the piers..

I figured I can do this directly with the railing.

In section, temporarily define the wall as a normal wall (no railing) drag the bottom down as far as required (you can't drag the bottom of a railing wall down) and then nominate it as a rail again. 

This would seem to be a lot simpler than using ramps - if I am understanding Yusuf's suggestion.

post-106-0-40787500-1433639561_thumb.jpg

OK, I think I get it now.

Yusuf is using the ramp elevation to set the height of the rails, or rather, set the bottom height of the piers..

I figured I can do this directly with the railing.

In section, temporarily define the wall as a normal wall (no railing) drag the bottom down as far as required (you can't drag the bottom of a railing wall down) and then nominate it as a rail again.

This would seem to be a lot simpler than using ramps - if I am understanding Yusuf's suggestion.

Mick, thanks for your help. And Glenn I doubt, what you said has too much steps and following your method say you set it once and again you needed to change the height, you are about to repeat a cycle of redefining, drag and drop process in section, while you can just control accurately by simple dvx. Any way it depends on what method some one likes to use and not some body else's choise.

Thanks Glenn.