Help W/ Converting File From X6 To Home Designer, Pretty Please?

corneliani

Hi, I need to make these files usable in the HD Architectural version that I've stepped down to. I started it during the 30-day trial period but couldn't justify the cost for what'll probably be just this one project, and didn't know to save it to allow for future editing in other versions.

Can anyone help with this? Derek in Sales said this may be my best option, other than buying/renting the full version again.

I'm attaching a few files hoping it's not too much to ask of someone.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Cornell

Haddon Hall Plot plan.plan

Detached Garage.plan

test floorplan.plan

Most LIKELY the first response you will get (besides my informational one) will be "what exactly are you asking help to do?" If you were using the trial version and created these plans, you couldn't have saved them (as far as I know). Are  you asking someone to open these files and draw them in a HD pro version, If so; when it is drawn in the full version as you call it, it can't be opened in a "stepped down" version.

So, PLEASE explain what it is you need help with.

Hello Cornell - Bob is right....people here will need more info as to what you are doing.

However one thing to correct from him is that files that are created in X7 can be opened in Home Designer software.  The plan files are limited though to the capabilities of the software.

If you need to talk, you can give me a call.   253.777.2362

if done in X6 you would need HDA2105 and the plan Default set to allowing editing in HD Products , if you have HDA 2106 , then you need the plan opened in X7 and saved for editing in HD Products...which do you have?  (you haven't filled in your forum Profile Signature to let us know what you are using.)

Thanks for all the feedback... I see I left out some important details.

I started these drawings in x6. I then returned that version (30-day return policy) and replaced it with HDA 2015. I now cannot edit those files in HDA due to a setting (Mick may allude to that?) that wasn't set prior to saving & subsequently deactivating X6.

The sales dept recommended I reach out to this forum to see if anyone can open the x6 file and save it back for me with the correct settings so I can continue what I started. Otherwise I'll have to either "rent" a month of x7, find a $500 copy of x6 (anyone, anyone??) or just redraw what I have in HDA. 

I hope this makes more sense. Thanks for all the responses so far.