Ext. & Int. Walls Disappeared But Still Can Generate 3D Model

Dackman

Go to solution Solved by Dermot,

New user. Need some help. I was adding some finishing touches to a plan I'd spent a couple of days developing. Saved & closed my work and came back a couple of hours later and opened the plan & now all I see is the foundation; no exterior or interior walls or other details at all. But when I select 3D Full Perspective, I can see the entire project as I last left it, including all the walls. The odd thing though is that when I go to Full Camera for interior view, it looks like a fun house mirror....images are stretched & distorted. Is there a way I can recover my floor plan without totally starting over?

HD Pro Version.

• Solution

"...opened the plan & now all I see is the foundation..."

My best guess is that you last saved the plan when you were on the foundation floor.  You can use the floor up/down tool to navigate to the other floors.

"...when I go to Full Camera for interior view, it looks like a fun house mirror....images are stretched & distorted."

Sounds like a video card problem. 

I recommend that you contact tech support or post your plan otherwise people will only be able to make random guesses.

There is a back up of your file and archived saved versions in the data folder "Archive". Unless you modified the path location it will be something like:

Drive: Users/"Name"/My Documents/Chief Architect Premier X7 Data/Archives

Find the folder with the title of your plan file and look for a usable version.

Dermot; thanks. I toggled up one floor and there it is...everything is still there. I also thought it might be a video card issue with the distorted interiors but I have two other plans with no issues. But after finding my floor plan on 'floor above', I can now select camera view and no distortion at all. Apparently before, I was looking up through the floor from under the model. At any rate, there is no issue at this point. Thanks for the rapid response. Newbie is pleased.

Gawdzira: Thanks for your reply and for the info regarding the archived files. I will keep that info for future reference.

My apologies for panicking.