False Dormer Problems?

ACADuser

Adding a Floating Dormer to my 8/12 roof with attic I get an outline of the dormer in plan view of the 2nd floor.

The dormer is intended to be a false dormer & open to the attic with pre manufactured trusses.

There is to be no connection to the second floor. I can not select or remove the outline appearing in plan view of the 2nd floor.

What did i miss?

Again thanks for your help.

Well I added two more dormers & this time the entire dormer appears on the second floor plan view, not just the outline..

I added these while in Ortho View, What determines what floor they are displayed on.

The previous two i added appear in the Attic.

post-2435-0-01653300-1427835030_thumb.png

Usually the outline only appears when you either try to place the Dormer in a location it wont fit , or it is outside the roof-plane/crossing two roof-planes at that location, usually you can select it and move it or open it's DBX and change it size ,type etc if needed and once right it will "build"

if you explode the dormer you can likely delete the Roof opening so it doesn't cut thru but I haven't tried it as I normally want the hole....

you can only place them into a roof plane so that determines the level they show on....

PS if you turned the roof opening layer off in display options you likely still have an "unbuilt" dormer there somewhere too.