Sending Elevations To Layout In A Scale

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how you can send elevations to your layout in a 1/2" = 1'-0" scale.  It will not let me send it in using a scale and I need it to be to scale.  I can not find anywhere that can help me with this situation.  Any input would be great!

Thanks

it sounds like you are trying to send to layout from a 3D camera view of the elevation, (this will only allow an image to be sent),  instead Open an Elevation view ,( from the Orthographic Camera Menu)  which will allow you to send at scale.

Only the vector view can be sent at scale. If you have any of the rendering styles visible you will be sending an image. You can get your image scaled just right if that is what you are trying to do. Here is the workflow:

1. Set you camera so that you can see all of the "image" / elevation view (now don't move your camera for a bit).

2. Send the vector view and choose the send option in the layout DBX "Current Screen".

3. In layout show the layer "Layout Box Border". This will make the next step easier

4. Back in the plan file, change to your desired rendered view option.

5. Send to layout (the options have disappeared ) but this will be good.

6. In layout, resize the image by snapping the corners of the image layout box to the vector view image box.

You now have your rendered elevation at scale.