Convert Floor Plan To File Usable With Home Designer Software

ashtonsnyder

I am looking for assistance in converting a detailed floor plan to a file usable with the Home Designer Software.  I had my home built about 9 years ago and still have the detailed floor plan (attached).  The floor plan has all the dimensions and details needed...however, my home is the mirror image of the floor plan.  We are planning on doing some remodelling in the near future and would like to be able see the changes before the Any assistance would be appreciated.  The file doesn't need to be greatly detailed.  I'm not opposed to paying for help, but not looking to spend much. Also, I have hundreds of photos of the house being built that range from the cleared lot to completion.

Floor Plan Detail.pdfInterior Elevations Detail.pdfpost-5187-0-22043400-1427301542_thumb.jpgpost-5187-0-86408700-1427301544_thumb.jpgpost-5187-0-35989900-1427301682_thumb.jpg

Thanks,
Ashton

ashtonsnyder@yahoo.com

The Woodlands, TX

I don't think there's any real easy way to convert a PDF into a Plan File.  It would really need to be recreated.

IAE for the Home Designer Software you nee to ask in that Forum.  Anything created in Chief Architect (this forum) would not be usable in the Home Designer App.

Thanks for the response.  I'm still learning my way around the site and actually thought I was in the other forum.  Also, I guess I need to be clearer in the request.  I didn't think that there was some way to impor the PDF, by convert I really meant to create from the dimensions.  So thanks for pointing that out as I'll be more specific once I get to the correct place to post!

if you are on the Home Designer Site and Click on Seeking Services you end up here on Chieftalk , not sure why if you have the plans and HD software you aren't drawing it up yourself though? especially considering the Budget....

M.

Anything created in Chief Architect (this forum) would not be usable in the Home Designer App

.plans can be shared between HD products

the Chief plan needs to have the "edit flag ..." set

if the Chief plan uses features that the HD product doesn't have

that area would be read only - no edits allowed

Lew