Need help with floorplan above Garage

Mitchie01

So we're building our cabin in two phases with phase 1 being the garage. We don't anticipate phase 2 being able to start for another 5-10 years but want to have a comfortable place to enjoy our place up north on the lake. In the future this space would be a party room and have a pool table, bar, etc. but for now it needs to be livable (also from a loan perspective...)

I need some help figuring out how to layout the space above so that it includes:

• Bedroom 1 - Fits King bed, small dresser, and ideally a closet

• Bedroom 2 - Fits Queen bed, small dresser, and a bunk bed

• Bathroom - Small vanity, toilet, and shower (nothing fancy)

• Kitchenette - Fridge, sink, stove, cabinets for food, storage for kitchen essentials - ideally an island/bar

• Small kitchen table - for dinner or games

• Living area - a sectional or 2 couches with a TV

Restrictions/Other Notes:

• There are shed roof dormers where the windows are - those sizes can not be altered or moved

• The stairs can not move

• We have two large windows that we can use to add light to the right side (or left temporarily)

• Ideally the door on the left side wouldn't move to prevent unnecessary demo when we eventually build the rest - but it could if the layout gets us what we need above!

• We have a 3 yo and we would like her to have her own space when it's just us, and a place for friends/family to stay when they visit.

We are designing and building this ourselves and it's been two years in the making. I'm just STUCK. The living space above was a last minute change in order to qualify for our loan (in case we never build the rest). We threw a shower into the bathroom/powder we had in the garage, but the more we think about it, it'll be a major pain to have to walk down the stairs into the garage every time we need to use the bathroom or shower.

PLEASE HELP! I'm going cross eyed!

Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 5.36.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 5.32.06 PM.png

1 hour ago, Mitchie01 said:

PLEASE HELP! I'm going cross eyed!

I would strongly suggest hiring a designer.
You could post this on design dilemmas on houzz and you will have more willing unpaid participants, but design-by-committee is not something I would recommend.
A designer will cost you 1-4% of the project cost. Money well spent IMHO, and wouldnt batt an eyelash at spending $2K when its setting you up for a $140K project. Bang for your buck