X7 Printing Issues

HamlinBC

I talked to Nigel in Support in regards to this.  I just wanted to voice my findings here (and hope that one of the higher ups in engineering will be looking at this).  Also to make others aware if they are running into problems.

Basically what it comes down to is that CA made some changes to the printing engine in X7.  With these changes, our printers have been cutting off 1/4 of the job.  (see attached pictures)

The work around that I came up with (and Nigel confirmed), is to send the plan to PDF, and jpg for 3D shots, and just print directly from Windows.

I seriously...SERIOUSLY hope that this is going to get fixed soon.

We're not a major player in the world of Chief Architect, we only have 10 users...and 10 totally up-to-date copies of Chief (and also diligently pay to stay up-to-date).  But how can I tell 9 of my people that they now have to do a work around to print something off for a customer?...

post-237-0-73413000-1426709217_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-85050900-1426709233_thumb.jpg

Our operation is probably a little different than most of yours.

We're a lumberyard and have customers and contractors always coming in and wanting just a small copy.  We don't charge for our drafting service, so we happily oblige them.

Adding more steps is a real bummer...especially for some of the more computer illiterate :)