Roof Slope Label Question

JKEdmo

I'd like to format these roof slope labels to show to nearest 1/4" instead of slightly ridiculous sixteenths, but can't figure out how to do this.

I show "automatic label" along with plus/minus in specify label.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jim

image.thumb.png.5dce85e5db52830f2313ccf40a73c284.png

image.thumb.png.8be18ad98064ca5200a3af1c6bdc02b0.png

2 hours ago, JKEdmo said:

I'd like to format these roof slope labels to show to nearest 1/4" instead of slightly ridiculous sixteenths, but can't figure out how to do this.

I show "automatic label" along with plus/minus in specify label.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jim

probably a less complicated method which would be using chiefs number formatter and a custom macro is just setting your roof pitch to 5.25

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

probably a less complicated method

Thanks for response.

If I understand correctly, there is no "easy" way to adjust the slope format of the roof plane object to nearest 1/4 inch?  I was assuming this would be doable like any dimension.

If not, not end of world -- I'll just override the label with text.

Jim

14 hours ago, JKEdmo said:

Thanks for response.

If I understand correctly, there is no "easy" way to adjust the slope format of the roof plane object to nearest 1/4 inch?  I was assuming this would be doable like any dimension.

If not, not end of world -- I'll just override the label with text.

Jim

I'm not sure how tight your ridge and heel tolerances, but wouldn't it be easiest to lock the base or soffit height and change the pitch to the 1/4"? This ridge looks like it might only climb or fall by 3/4". 

4 hours ago, ValleyGuy said:

I'm not sure how tight your ridge and heel tolerances, but wouldn't it be easiest to lock the base or soffit height and change the pitch to the 1/4"? This ridge looks like it might only climb or fall by 3/4". 

Hi Shayne,

I could change the roof geometry, but the question was more about having the auto roof slope label read how I want without having to mess around with the model geometry.  For instance, round to a reasonable fraction.  (Hard to see in my original screenshot, but the weird roof slope values result from their ridges aligning with that of a standard 6:12 roof).

Jim