no rendering, no elevation

jacksfbay

You might have something in the plan located way off in space.  If so, the model is there but tiny since the view is including the errant object.  In plan view, hit F8 which should zoom you out to the full extent.  Is your model tiny?  If so, something got places far from the model.  You'll need to marquis select the outer regions to try to find the object.

The other thing it might be is a video card driver.  Did you computer receive any updates?  You might need to roll back the update.  My guess is it's the first issue.

Moegia, Thank you, I just downloaded an old version of Video card driver, it didn't solve the problem. it is not tiny, and it can't zoom out.  I have reset the computer to the manufacturing's setting and re-installed the X16. however it doesn't work.

The first time I had the problem is last Friday Morning, I reported to the technical support center, and later It seems works normal after I did system restore to 2 days back than that day.  on Friday evening I am running on a walkthrough, however it stopped and later I can't get the 3d Rendering or elevation back. I was trying to go back to an earlier data, but I failed to restore the system to an earlier date.

If this problem is even happening for a brand new plan with just a box house, then it is probably a video card or driver issue.  Here is a tech article that might help:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

If that doesn't help you solve your problems, then I would recommend calling tech support again before I would go out and buy new hardware.  If you are determined to buy a new machine, I would check out the latest recommended system requirements here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/sysreq.html

Personally, I think the 4060 should be fine but a 4080 would be better.  I'm not sure the 4090 is really worth the extra cost though.  Here is a post talking about video card performance that you might find interesting:

I'm having the same problem with my HP laptop & X16. 

Blank camera views and elevations. It does render the image in ray trace but everything else is blank. I tried updating the 

Nvidia drivers (4070) with no luck.

We have reproduced this on specific laptops with switchable graphics.  The only way we have found to work around it is to disable the Intel card on the machine.  The safest way to do this is via the HP Omen Gaming Hub software.  Steps may vary depending on your specific machine, but I've attached images illustrating the process that works on the machine that we have.  Specifically, you want to switch from the Hybrid GPU mode to the Discrete GPU mode.

Hub.pngSwitcher.png

• Like 1