Window and Door Schedules

AdkKen

I auto generated the schedules for my latest project only to find out it was very inaccurate.

Some of the issues I had:

Skylights not listed.

Some windows in an attic space not listed, but one next to it was.

Some doors not listed or some interior door listed as exterior (and vice versa)

Windows in a room with vaulted ceilings not listed.

I checked all the counts to make sure that they were truly missing and not mislabeled.  They were not on the list anywhere. So my question is what went wrong?

It's a big issue for me as this house is going to have a window package in the $200k range and I can't get this wrong again.  Embarrassing yes, but the bigger issue is I work for a small business where we cannot afford these mistakes due to the delays and the financial burden it would cause. 

I have done an manual check on all of it now, but how can I get this corrected for my next project.  TIA

These things are probably all very easy to fix.  I don't think I have ever had a case where one of the schedules did not include something that wasn't my fault.

- Skylights not listed.

Skylights won't show up in the window schedule by default.  You have to open the window schedule and tell it that you want it to include the skylights.  This also depends on whether you used the skylight tool or placed skylight symbols.

- Some windows in an attic space not listed, but one next to it was.

The window may not be included in the schedule or it could be a floor/room problem or even something else.  If you post the plan, someone could probably figure it out very quickly.

- Some doors not listed or some interior door listed as exterior (and vice versa)

I think doors are marked as either interior or exterior depending on where you first placed them.  This also depends on your room definitions.  Moving the door around or changing your rooms won't change what the door was first marked as.

- Windows in a room with vaulted ceilings not listed.

Again, this could be a lot of different reasons and you could post the plan if you want a better answer.