Manipulating Objects

winterdd

Hey guys, I think there was someone here a few years back showing how to change columns. I like the one shown below but not with the panels. Can we take those out somehow? I could be wrong on this and maybe he was showing how to revise the column top and bottom.

image.thumb.png.21708a25f4e939f545a2856b4341f6cc.png

You can use the delete surface tool in a camera view to remove then parts you don't want and then convert what you have left into a new symbol.  May not work all that well with that symbol if you will be left with holes after deleting so then you might have to add something else to fill the holes.  If that were the case, then I would just make a new one.  If it's not tapered, you could just use a soffit with some moldings.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, winterdd said:

Hey guys, I think there was someone here a few years back showing how to change columns. I like the one shown below but not with the panels. Can we take those out somehow? I could be wrong on this and maybe he was showing how to revise the column top and bottom.

image.thumb.png.21708a25f4e939f545a2856b4341f6cc.png

that particular column would be VERY easy to build with a cabinet with moldings

• Upvote 1

If you want to remove a face item from a cabinet, just click on the face item in the cabinet dialog and delete it.  If you delete a door, it will convert it into an opening with shelves so you need to delete it twice.  You could also just use a soffit so that you don't need to.

Adding a molding to a soffit or cabinet is pretty basic but here is a tech article if you get stuck:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00701/adding-moldings-to-cabinets.html