Footing/Stem wall

DRC-Custom

I haven’t needed to do a separate foundation plan, so I don’t know how to make chief do what I want, I will try to describe what I’m wanting to do. I’m doing a 18” x 18” footing a 6” wide by 12” tall stem wall and then pouring 4” thick slab in between the stem walls. I want the brick on the walls to go down to the top of the footing, the 2 x 6 walls will set on the top of the stem walls. The outside edge of the stem wall in the foundation plan should be the same dimension as the outside edge of the stud wall (main layer) in the floor plan. I have watched videos and read but I’m just not understanding, I’m pretty thick headed, any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone in advance.

what have you tried?

Without the brick, what you describe is a standard attached garage build here (except our stem walls are 48" into the ground) The elevation of the slab vs the footing is set up in the room structure

This can be modeled in Chief, but you'll need 1 adjustment. The stem wall will need to be 12"x12" with the footing offset 6" to the exterior. This will allow for the slab to return down to the footing and this is the only way to get Chief to model this correctly (using auto tools, that I know of).

Set the slab chamfer at 4" and Chief should model this just fine.

• Like 1