Changing Rafter Color?

HumbleChief

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

8 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Found this old thread but can't seem to get rafter color to change using this technique. I have exposed rafter tails that I would like to be brown instead of the default 'fir' color.

Just the Rafter Tails ?  I'm not sure that is possible , but you can still Blend Color with the Fir Material as usual , such as below ( just used yellow cos you used it in 2014 :) ),

doing so may turn off the the Auto Roof Build , and you may need to use Edit all Roof Planes for Existing Roof Planes and then match the Color in the Structure Tab again in the Roof Plane Defaults (Build Roof > Materials) there is likely a better way? as it's a bit like chasing your tail.

are you on X16 or X15 though?

image.thumb.png.ff110549373e9fc6b9839ce790f57885.png   image.thumb.png.17d0de9d1856b97277373143fbeb8722.png

• Upvote 1

• Solution
17 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Mick, I'll give it a try - forgot to change my signature. 

Changing the Material to say Color - Brown  ( or your favorite BM or SW Color ) didn't used to work as Chief needed a "Framing Material" to Frame, but I think it was X15? that changed and you may not need to blend any more actually as they changed the way Chief Framing worked.  Blending is more like staining the Fir , so a light Color would still show the woodgrain, whereas a Solid Color may work better these Days so instead of "Blending" just switch to your Chosen Color and try it instead.

M.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Mick, seems like the more I know the less I remember about Chief.

Seems like there is always tips to pick up on the Forum, one of the reasons I continue to come here when can, I'm sure Ive learnt as much here as from the Docs over the years.

Mick.

• Upvote 1