Screen Captured Tile offset help

Mackenzie

Hello, I Imported a tile into chief from a manufacturer website but I'm having trouble getting the pattern properly represented in the camera view, I usually have been able to find a large enough photo to get the right repeat pattern but in this case they only had a single photo available.

My problem is that the tile Is laying out as a straight stack and we need 1/3, I was able to get the pattern to show correctly but cannot figure out how to get the texture to display the same, is it possible to do this in chief without using an outside custom tile creator?

Thank you for your time and any help is appreciated!

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 4.09.44 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 4.10.06 PM.png

1 hour ago, Mackenzie said:

I usually have been able to find a large enough photo to get the right repeat pattern but in this case they only had a single photo available.

My problem is that the tile Is laying out as a straight stack and we need 1/3

CA won't do that for you, you'll need to either find a better image to sample from or take your single tile to photoshop or something.  Bottom line is if you need your tile to have a 1/3 offset, you'll need an image of the tiles in a 1/3 offset.

3 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

So the only use of the offset setting is for vector views?

That particular setting is the Pattern Type, and as such only applies to the materials Pattern which is only visible in Vector/Line based views.

Pattern Panel settings only affect the pattern.

Texture affects the texture. There's no step option on the texture panel.

5 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Is this made clear in the help files?

I guess that's sort of subjective, but I think it's pretty clear.

image.thumb.png.031e4b361f7f422acba695c60e1440f8.png

image.thumb.png.8684f803068536258a34b4fc312024a1.png