MATERIAL TAKE OFFS AND CALCULATIONS?

sthieldesign

We are looking for some great tips on creating material take offs for Interior Design.

We have calculated take offs on our own and there seem to be discrepencies.

Does anyone have a good video or tips they can share to create reliable take offs for purchasing countertops, tile, wood flooring, beams etc...?

Thank you!

Susan

8 minutes ago, sthieldesign said:

We are looking for some great tips on creating material take offs for Interior Design.

We have calculated take offs on our own and there seem to be discrepencies.

Does anyone have a good video or tips they can share to create reliable take offs for purchasing countertops, tile, wood flooring, beams etc...?

Thank you!

Susan

For beams and such you need an accurate model. Personal opinion that the trade off isnt there in terms of needing an accurate model vs needing a takeoff since i do not need an accurate model to produce condocs.
That being said, what discrepancies are you running into? Would help to know what problem we might be solving for as some solutions might require macro or adjustment to material properties or the model etc.

The Square Gootages do not match. Chiefs was lower than ours. Example tile square footage for a shower. Chiefs was 100sqft lower than our calcs.

Makes me nervous to rely on.

Susan

1 hour ago, sthieldesign said:

The Square Gootages do not match. Chiefs was lower than ours. Example tile square footage for a shower. Chiefs was 100sqft lower than our calcs.

Makes me nervous to rely on.

Susan

That is pretty significant, can you post a plan file and bubble the section you are refering to?