Wall misalignment half way up

JMill7

Hello, 

I have a plan that shows only certain walls that are misaligned. It looks like it is happening at the floor levels but I have removed the flat ceiling. What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 3.51.09 PM.png

Have you tried using the "align with floor below" tool for the the wall on the 2nd floor?  If this doesn't show or doesn't fix the problem, you should post the plan.

I didn't have a lot of time to play with it but it looks to me like the upper portion of the wall is being built automatically by Chief.  They look like they are aligned properly but it looks like it is too long by the thickness of the drywall. If you turn on the reference display in plan view you should be able to see how the walls are lined up but stick out past the lower ones.

This might actually be a bug because I can't think of a reason why the program would do this so you might want to send it in.  You might be able to get around the problem by manually editing the wall.  Not sure if you have to do anything else so it doesn't get rebuilt though.  There might be other ways to solve it so maybe someone else has some good ideas.

Okay, thank you. Will see if there are other suggestions but I have tried so many different things. Any suggestions on why the move function is not showing on the walls?

Any suggestions on why the move function is not showing on the walls?

Not sure what you mean by "move function"?  Are you not getting the move handle when you select the wall in a plan view?  I was getting it and I can't think of a reason you might not.  Or, are you asking about the "align wall" tool?  You will only get the wall align tool when your walls are not aligned with one on the floor above/below and in your case they are so this tool won't show up.

I was able to the the wall lengths to line up by drawing a room divider between them on the second floor and turning off the auto generate attic walls.  Not sure if there is a better way though.  BTW, using room dividers or invisible walls to align walls with others on the opposite side of a room can be a really good way to keep things lined up.  

image.thumb.png.9c772c571ef6236a6e936d2ece74c78d.png