Deleting added lights

SuzLeigh

Go to solution Solved by MoeGia,

Hello folks,

I added several lights to my kitchen design to brighten up camera views, and now I am unable to delete those added lights. I cannot select them, nor can I delete them under the 'manage lights' tool. They litter my 2D view and look confusing to subs. Can someone tell me how to delete them please?

Many thanks.

I cannot select them...

Can you see them in plan view?  If you can't see them, then maybe the layer is turned off or you are using a bad line style or color.  If you can see them, then maybe the layer is locked.  The other problem I have run into is that I sometimes have to zoom in and click exactly in the center instead of just clicking on anything else you can see.

Another way of getting rid of them is using the "delete objects" tool.  This will let you delete all of them at once, or just for a single floor, or just for any room you want.

If none of this helps, then you might need to post the plan.

Thanks, DB.

Yes, i can see them in the plan view, and the layer isn't locked. I have deleted a few added lights in the past by clicking on them, but because these added lights are so intwined with other clickable items--cabinetry etc--I can't select them. I either select something else, or the entire room turns gray and I can't select anything.

I tried the delete objects tool before posting my query, but was unable to delete just the added lights in the kitchen. Based on your suggestion, I revisited this strategy and deleted all the added lights in the plan--it worked! Thank you much for your help.

Suzanne

Don't forget that the delete objects tool will let you choose "single room" and then you can just click inside any room to only delete stuff for that room instead of the whole plan.  You can only do this while the dialog is still open so it works a bit different then most of the other dialogs.

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi Suzanne, 

Another way to selection something in a congested area is with the Tab key. The Tab key will cycle through selections in a tight area.  In the case above, when you try to click the light but get the cabinet, hit Tab and the next item will be selected, hit Tab again until you get the light.  You should be able to select it if the layer isn't locked.

HTH

• Like 1