Frustration! Trying to use "Plan View" features without success.

contractcad

I am working on a detached garage where I have not created a foundation for it.  I want to use a separate Plan View of the 1st Floor as a "Foundation Plan View" with it's own layer set that I send to the layout whereby I have only the lower (block) Pony Wall selected to "Display in Plan View" on the "Wall Types" page when I open the wall specification for each wall.

I also have a "Floor Plan View" with it's own unique layer set that I have created for the same 1st Floor with "Use Default" selected for "Display in Plan View" under "Wall Types" to use as my main floor plan.

Now the help dialogue says that the "Display in Plan View" setting is  "view specific and can be set differently in each Saved Plan View"  which is exactly what I want but even after having saved each plan view after selecting how I want the walls to display what I select for each plan view changes globally over both plan views and is then shown identically for both plan views on my layout. I also made sure I selected each wall individually because Help under Plan Views seems to indicate that this feature doesn't work if I select to change multiple walls at the same time.

If anyone knows what I'm missing please pass it on to me, thanks!

If you change the display in one view and another view changes than that almost always means that they are using the same "saved plan view" or same "layer set".

Here are some training materials that might help:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/2421/saved-plan-views.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03185/understanding-saved-plan-views.html

3 hours ago, contractcad said:

I am working on a detached garage where I have not created a foundation for it.  I want to use a separate Plan View of the 1st Floor as a "Foundation Plan View" with it's own layer set that I send to the layout whereby I have only the lower (block) Pony Wall selected to "Display in Plan View" on the "Wall Types" page when I open the wall specification for each wall.

I also have a "Floor Plan View" with it's own unique layer set that I have created for the same 1st Floor with "Use Default" selected for "Display in Plan View" under "Wall Types" to use as my main floor plan.

Now the help dialogue says that the "Display in Plan View" setting is  "view specific and can be set differently in each Saved Plan View"  which is exactly what I want but even after having saved each plan view after selecting how I want the walls to display what I select for each plan view changes globally over both plan views and is then shown identically for both plan views on my layout. I also made sure I selected each wall individually because Help under Plan Views seems to indicate that this feature doesn't work if I select to change multiple walls at the same time.

If anyone knows what I'm missing please pass it on to me, thanks!

When I first started using Saved Plan Views, I would always forget to click on the blue icon (save active view) after exiting the Saved Plan View dialogue box.

Chief doesn't save the changes automatically. It's an extra step to click on the Save Active View, icon.

So if you open the dialogue box and make changes to a Saved Plan View, like changing what Layer Set or Cad layer it uses then when you exit out of the dialogue box, don't forget to click on the "Save Active View" icon.

I know I'm repeating myself but I'm hoping this makes it clear how important it is to click on Save Active View, after messing around with Saved Plan Views.

Also, do your self a favour and check "Never Save" in the Save Options at the bottom of the General tab of Saved Plan View Specifications dialogue box.