Remove inner Lazy Susan cabinet stiles?

M-Ferioli

Can these inner stiles be removed natively?  It seems that there is no option to quickly make a framed inset lazy susan or inset corner cabinet with 3 drawers?  or am I missing something?  

My workaround was always two cabinets pushed together, but I just thought since the corner drawer cabinets are common now, maybe there was an easy button for this?

Thanks,

Mike

1124431302_LScabinetpic.thumb.jpg.c11baf9d4e0d8ea6d173e5a79f8b20ba.jpg111517947_framedcornerD3.thumb.jpg.1f47ad5c3e549cc95313d9d20a937d3e.jpg

19 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Maybe @MarkMc knows a way to do it?

Nope. In the past this has always been requested for open corner cabinets. Not sure why Chief can't fix this but it's been sent in for years.

Open the best way is 2 cabinets. For a drawer base (see below for MHO) It can be done with 3 instead which may have some advantages. (I used a custom drawer for the applied overlays to make it look nice in Standard view) Whichever method used they can be blocked or turned into a fixture symbol to go into a schedule.

image.thumb.png.cfac471ccc97c44776a0937e75578216.png

image.thumb.png.4680a79097e10986e44db6bedcca878e.png

IMO- I've never used one, there is almost always a more efficient solution.

The attached plan shows the drawer size as hatched, a bit bigger in the rare case they use oversize glides. You are getting almost the equivalent of a 15" 3DB.  Instead I add the extra width to the cabinets on each side. Increase of 18" storage width for full overlay depending on size of corner fillers. With inset cabinets that can be an increase of 20". Since corner cabinets can rarely be combined that can be another 3" accounting for stiles. and up to 23" when accounting for combined cabinet.

Instead I often completely blank the corner; usually  with a nice wider DB on one side; sometimes changing one to a Hafele LeMans or similar. Exactly what depends on storage needs.

In any case it helps to do the math for actual storage area of each solution to show the client because folks have an emotional that is not always rational need to "recover" the corners. Play with it a bit with your layout.

corner drwr.zip

Thanks Mark!

Yeah, that is what I have been doing since the start, two cabinets to make one, some are blocked, custom fronts ETC.  I like your fake rails, I have not used that method, could be useful I think, maybe faster.  Seems like this is just on the very low priority list then.  I haven't really gone through X16, but at first glance it doesn't seem like a lot of cabinet upgrades this time though.

I don't actually do the design work, I just draft and provide some QC.  Sometimes I help with design, but generally I just provide the drawings to the designers.  So, if they want the D3, they get it, Ha!  I figured it was pretty inefficient, but most of the kitchens I draft are pretty huge and space is not at a premium.  Good to keep that top of mind though in case I need to suggest it someday.