Hiding Specific Objects in a view.

Joel-B

Hello, I am a long time Revit User trying to figure out parts of this software. I am running into the issue where it is very difficult to hide specific objects in a view. For example I would like to hide one specific wall in one section view. Is there an easy way to hide it without creating a new layer for that singular wall and creating a new layer set for the one section I don't want to see that wall in.

In Revit there is a hide in view button that is accessible via one right click. Just wondering if there is a better way than this multi-step process.

X15

There is a "delete surfaces" tool for the camera view. I find it to be cumbersome and that info is lost easily by closing the camera view. Assigning a wall (with associated objects in that wall like doors or windows) is the way to achieve this. If the wall is in the foreground you can use camera clipping planes but that also has it's detractors as it is just a cutting plane perpendicular to the camera view.

You know you can break section lines, right?

What are you needing to show?  Screencaps of the issue and a plan posted here might be the quickest way to get advice.

There's a camera view option the removes a wall obstructing a room view.