Wall Schedule Questions

JKEdmo

Good morning to all,

Putting together a wall schedule / legend and have a couple of questions:

1)  Is it possible to turn off the dashed footing shown in the schedule?

2)  I noticed the 2D symbol is displaying some walls as a pony wall graphic -- essentially displaying 2 stacked wall types.  I'd rather just show as full "pure" wall and turn off the pony wall below.  Is this possible?

image.thumb.png.cab17af9ec2b41b34e34b7a73b04979d.png

Thanks once again.

Jim

P.S.  Finally exploring schedules (windows, doors and walls) after 2 years of Chief (slow learner).  I'm diggin' it and appreciate what I'm seeing.

Hi Jim,

I did some experimenting with the footings, even moving them to a different layer, but no joy.  Unless the footings are removed, there isn't any way that I can see that will turn off the footings in the schedule view.

Your second question though about pony walls, bingo, there is an answer

image.thumb.png.01cd5c4528d2cc149c1aa9a19ea16fed.png

image.png.3a7d19579315f8dc6ff5f9ba37b9534c.png

image.thumb.png.d92e1c94c987168ca84b8a29d8049fe9.png

image.png.7e8f316768ea838024b841d4b7063815.png

1 hour ago, Doug_N said:

Your second question though about pony walls, bingo, there is an answer

Doug, thanks for looking into this.

I gave it a try, but might be missing something.  If I change the pony wall plan display, it affects the display plan-wide (globally) including the schedule.  However, I'd like to change display for schedule only.

I think the schedule gives priority to displaying walls with pony walls if they exist over full-height walls (?).

Jim

@JKEdmo Sounds like you haven't played around with schedules in Chief much so you may not be aware that you can open up your schedule and select which items you want included in each different schedule.

2024-06-21_16-00-43.thumb.png.c852853e81cb6821c1ce6872009b766e.png

Another thing you can do is have a separate "master" plan file that contains your commonly used walls and create a "wall legend" schedule and put it in a cad detail that you can send to your layouts in any plan. That way you can make the walls look however you want and call them whatever you want and they won't affect your working plans. You could make several wall legends from your one master plan depending on which wall types you're using on your working plan.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tundra_dweller said:

Sounds like you haven't played around with schedules in Chief

Brett,

That's 100% true!

20 minutes ago, tundra_dweller said:

you can open up your schedule and select which items you want included in each different schedule.

Came across that today and have the walls I want ticked:

image.thumb.png.6fd30a7abcc50eae3e5b4d33e3ed005d.png

I'm just looking to have my dynamic wall schedule not display pony walls below, which is distracting / misleading IMO.  To confirm, there is no way to have the wall schedule ignore pony walls and just display full-height walls only?  I tried Doug's solution, but seemed global.

Thanks,

Jim

4 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

I'm just looking to have my dynamic wall schedule not display pony walls below, which is distracting / misleading IMO.  To confirm, there is no way to have the wall schedule ignore pony walls and just display full-height walls only?  I tried Doug's solution, but seemed global.

I think I ran into the same thing as you are with pony walls and walls with footings a while back when trying to put together a dynamic wall schedule, and that's when I decided to just use a generic wall legend cad detail. I couldn't find a solution at the time, but you may be more persistent than I was.

36 minutes ago, tundra_dweller said:

I think I ran into the same thing as you are with pony walls and walls with footings a while back when trying to put together a dynamic wall schedule, and that's when I decided to just use a generic wall legend cad detail. I couldn't find a solution at the time, but you may be more persistent than I was.

Thanks Brett.  Appreciate it and have a good weekend.

Jim

Tested one workaround that seems okay.  Select and make all project walls non-schedule-able.  Draw some full-height sample walls off to the side that report to schedule.  Seems to work, but unsure if this is worth it in the end...

Result:

image.thumb.png.1187cc7a04ea9e5c59a351082e98d98a.png

2 hours ago, JKEdmo said:

Tested one workaround that seems okay.  Select and make all project walls non-schedule-able.  Draw some full-height sample walls off to the side that report to schedule.  Seems to work, but unsure if this is worth it in the end...

Result:

image.thumb.png.1187cc7a04ea9e5c59a351082e98d98a.png

That seems like a pretty good solution to me. I might be wrong but I think you can paint wall types from the user library, so if you had a catalog of wall types saved in your library you could paint your sample walls to suit whatever your different plan walls are.