How to Re-establish Administrator Status for CA 10.08b

Nauti1

I still have my version 10.08b Chief Architect which I bought what seems like around the beginning of the century. I've used it to design my home and many others, but haven't used it for years. I now want to use it to see if I can find a place to "vertically" locate a "Home Lift" from basement to bedroom (3 levels) as my wife has a debilitating situation and I need to have her avoid the stairs.

I just loaded the CA software without incident (Windows11), but cannot use it as I'm being block since it thinks I'm no longer  the Administrator. Although I'm pushing 82 and can still use my PC reasonably well, this software is giving up its friendship with me.

So, can anyone tell me how would I re-establish myself as the Administrator? If, for security reasons, you need the S/N and/or the CD Key I still have both.

Al Launier

Thank you for your reply. However, I'm not sure what you mean by a "digital locker". I do have my "Full Ten" Hasp (key lock) installed

Sorry, logged into this website is what I meant.  Switch to www.chiefarchitect.com and visit "my account" and select "digital locker".  This should tell you if chief sees your computer as authorized for the software.  

However, this may be a permissions problem with windows itself.  Can you right click the program and select "run as administrator" - see if that works.

I think you will need a usb key as shown and by memory you will need drivers for the key plus you may need to put it in windows 7 compatibility mode from its short cut settings

IMG_1053.jpeg

Hi @Nauti1 see if you are able to get past the Administrator problem first.

Right click the Chief Architect Icon then choose run as administrator and see if that works first ?