3D engineering details

I am in need of someone that can work with me to create 3d rendered engineering details for my construction documents. I have a database of 2d details to work from. Does anyone here have a contact or reference for someone that could help?

I have attached a sample page of the current details we are using.

Sample.pdf

I know they are not 3D, that was why i put this statement in the post "work with me to create 3d rendered". My goal is to create full 3D files in chief without having to create in another program like Sketchup

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kellygreen said:

create 3d rendered engineering details

I really liked that colored detail sheet.  Different plus easy to read. 

I am up here in Crawfordville (just south of Tally), when you say 3D rendered details, are you referring to the example I attached?  If so, I've been trying to get one going myself, and have been trying to figure out how to take the 3D model, and put each view on a layout sheet w annotation.  The only thing I can thing of is a screen grab and annotate on the sheet itself.. which isn't productive at all, esp. with changes.  I attached views of my working detail model in progress.  That last one is a screen grab put on a sheet...  not liking that process.  

DECK RIM JOIST 2.jpg

Screenshot 2024-06-06 195636.png

Screenshot 2024-06-06 200315.png

Screenshot 2024-06-06 200445.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2024 at 9:38 AM, kellygreen said:

I am in need of someone that can work with me to create 3d rendered engineering details

@mtldesigns

I have a library of about 120 3d details and I can easily create more. 3d details is almost all I use.

I can create them for you on an as-needed basis. I can provide just the detail, or the detail with the plan file. I'll also sell my 3d detail plan files and library for those who are interested.

I'm always available to give a bit of a demo and show you what I have and how you can modify it. As a starting point, my 3d detail plans could save you about 200 hours, plus they come with a lot of great materials.

On 6/6/2024 at 6:09 PM, mtldesigns said:

The only thing I can thing of is a screen grab and annotate on the sheet itself.. which isn't productive at all, esp. with changes