Chief for a new user?

ACADuser

I'm going on a 15 day vacation and the Architect I produce plans for is concerned that a plan issue may come up while I'm away.

I have uploaded all the relevant folders to my DropBox & given him access. But all he can do is modify pdf & he works in Sketch-up.

So I thought he may start a trial version for $200 if he actually needed to modify the files. I don't have a lap top so that is not an option.

If the trial version is X16 he could download the plan & layout file to do modifications don't you think?

What do you think?

Technically, if he pays the $200, he is not using a "trial version".  He is just subscribing the same way any other new user would with no commitments beyond that first month.

The biggest problem is probably going to be the learning curve.  If he is used to sketch up, he will probably go crazy trying to figure out how to do what he wants in Chief.  You may get a few "how do I..." types of calls.

Of course there's always the risk that he actually really likes Chief, decides to keep subscribing, and then stops hiring you to do his plans.  :)

• Upvote 1