Poche Fill

I really like the poche fill update for X16, but I was wondering if there is a way to edit it or settings for the fill itself. For example I want the whole attic space to be shaded/solid fill (what would be trusses). Right now it only shades the bottom cord. Any thoughts?

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, HartDeNoble said:

I really like the poche fill update for X16, but I was wondering if there is a way to edit it or settings for the fill itself. For example I want the whole attic space to be shaded/solid fill (what would be trusses). Right now it only shades the bottom cord. Any thoughts?

I agree, that's how I've been doing the truss envelope in my sections using polylines, would be great to have this option. The new poche fill feature is really nice though.

1 minute ago, tundra_dweller said:

I agree, that's how I've been doing the truss envelope in my sections using polylines, would be great to have this option. The new poche fill feature is really nice though.

I kind of assumed that's what they made the poche fill for... but it seems kind of pointless when we have zero customization for it. Back to polylines I guess. Wish when we would get new tools/settings there would be more customization with them. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HartDeNoble said:

it seems kind of pointless when we have zero customization for it

But it looks cool in demo videos to sell more subscriptions. 

You're totally missing the point.

Now, get back to work and don't forget to extend your SSA.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

I've not gone beta.

is this a useless feature?

Not useless at all IMO, but it does have the potential to do more if fleshed out a bit. I like solid fills on the structural components in my cross sections these days, and this helps do that instantly. I was using filled polylines for the floor system & trusses/rafters in sections before this, and the poche tool makes it way way faster to get the same look.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I've not gone beta.

is this a useless feature?

I think it kind of is. I found a way to manipulate it so I can get it similar to the picture I show. Essentially I add a attic wall along the whole cross section line. I delete all of the rooms ceiling joists (since I will be using trusses anyways) and then I delete the structure depth on the roof planes that was 3 1/2''. Then I can get it to look similar. I think the feature is nice for some very limited applications but we need more customization (I think at times this is the crux of chief architect not enough customization within tools or settings).

• Upvote 3