Roof issue

Fotis1960

Help needed

I'm a casual user and can't figure out how to build this roof. I want to build this house as an as build to add an addition for a friend. The roof is just beyond my skill level, so any help would be appreciated. I have added pictures of the front and back of the house. Thank you in advance.

House Back.jpg

House Front.jpg

Thank you for the video suggestion. That got me to layout the shell of the house. Unfortunately the false gables are just that. No room inside. This house has a second floor (loft). Would like to get a more accurate drawing.

19 hours ago, Mark3D said:

From looking at your plan and photos it seems like you are on the right track, was there something in particular that you would like to improve on

How do I increase the size of the fascia, and not as important since the plan is just to use it for reference for the addition, how would I use a real dormer instead of the false roof gable?

I had a play with your file i made some changes 

I put a roof hole in the large roof plain front and rear gables

facia heights on large roof plains i made sub facia 15" and eave facia 16" also turned on boxed eaves

I put a molding for deck facia

I made stair floor open below

See if that is what you can use, I think the roof pitch should be stepper like 12 in 12 from looking at your photos

1996198547_WendelOPHouseAsBuilt.plan

On 5/22/2024 at 6:01 AM, Mark3D said:

I had a play with your file i made some changes 

I put a roof hole in the large roof plain front and rear gables

facia heights on large roof plains i made sub facia 15" and eave facia 16" also turned on boxed eaves

I put a molding for deck facia

I made stair floor open below

See if that is what you can use, I think the roof pitch should be stepper like 12 in 12 from looking at your photos

1996198547_WendelOPHouseAsBuilt.plan 7.94 MB · 12 downloads

Thank you. This helps a lot.