Reference Display misaligned with wall

rwdozier

I noticed some red lines along the interior of an exterior wall in a plan layout. I open that plan view and when viewing the first floor, and then toggling reference display, the red lines appear only on two adjacent walls of the entire plan. The issue occurs in all plan views. I have deleted the two walls and then recreated new walls. The red lines stay in place with walls moved. Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.e5c615d99c4fb4092723dfebcb503a15.pngimage.thumb.png.77f0f576ada38d6b2ac0452af6bbf744.pngimage.thumb.png.c822b56c0dbad455001f254466bd22b6.png

The "reference" is on another floor.

You need to switch to that floor and move that wall to the same location or understand the reference is telling you how far apart they are - like making sure a cantilever doesn't extend farther past a referenced bearing wall than desired.

Thanks,

With no second level, I discovered it must have been foundation related in that I deleted the foundation, rebuilt it and now there is no line in the reference display.

Just an FYI, the reference display can display either the floor above, the floor below, or even some other floor (and even one from another plan!).  You can always click on the "floor number" toolbar button and take a look at the reference display settings to see what floor and layer set it is using.

Also, you don't need to delete the foundation and rebuild it to align your walls.  You can go to the foundation floor (or any floor) and just move the wall close and then use the wall align tool.