Room Material List to include interior of room drywall layer

IvanCyr

In Chief "Help" it states, "A Materials List calculated from a room is created for only the contents of that room: wall materials are not included."

Anyone know of a way to get it to assume the wall drywall layer without using the Mat List PL tool?

Thx in advance.

19 hours ago, IvanCyr said:

A Materials List calculated from a room is created for only the contents of that room

You just need to make a Materials List Polyline that's bigger than the "room" so that it includes the drywall.

Try making a Living Area Polyline then converting that to a Materials List Polyline.

*Edit: excuse me, "Standard Area Polyline"

image.png.b297ef8153e464f3ef7006f98364bf56.png

Hey Tea Time,

As I was pondering this yesterday, I was thinking that if I could define the room just a 1/2" bigger using the concentric tool, I could use a room molding PL, but your suggestion is better; use the Standard Room Area then "magic wand" it to a Mat PL.  

Thanks for your input.  Much appreciated.  Cheers,

6 minutes ago, IvanCyr said:

As I was pondering this yesterday, I was thinking that if I could define the room just a 1/2" bigger using the concentric tool, I could use a room molding PL, but your suggestion is better; use the Standard Room Area then "magic wand" it to a Mat PL.

What happened to...

On 4/10/2024 at 2:53 PM, IvanCyr said:

...without using the Mat List PL tool?

??

Hey Michael....

Crickets...that's what happened! LOL  I desire a solution or the easiest workaround....looks like I'm awarded a workaround.  Good enough for now :-) 

Any ideas??

Cheers,