Create separate schedules for floor framing?

plannedRITE

Not a great title but I'm not sure how to best summarize.

Is there a way to create separate schedules for the same framing categories within the same view/plan? It almost works perfectly by using rooms but the rim joists are not contained within a room, darn it. Can I somehow create a schedule for the members in Module "A" and a separate one for Module "B"?

image.thumb.png.6e85085a8e2751ab38884fea7dc137eb.png

I'm hoping to accomplish something similar to this:

image.thumb.png.d17fc52e41d7720d9e164bf6b256b846.png

I also noticed that chief puts rim joists and floor joists both under the same category for schedules, even though they are specified under different "Roles". Not sure if much can be done about that one.

I appreciate the input.

2 hours ago, plannedRITE said:

Not a great title but I'm not sure how to best summarize.

Is there a way to create separate schedules for the same framing categories within the same view/plan? It almost works perfectly by using rooms but the rim joists are not contained within a room, darn it. Can I somehow create a schedule for the members in Module "A" and a separate one for Module "B"?

image.thumb.png.6e85085a8e2751ab38884fea7dc137eb.png

I'm hoping to accomplish something similar to this:

image.thumb.png.d17fc52e41d7720d9e164bf6b256b846.png

I also noticed that chief puts rim joists and floor joists both under the same category for schedules, even though they are specified under different "Roles". Not sure if much can be done about that one.

I appreciate the input.

you can make anything that reports to a schedule report to a custom schedule.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

you can make anything that reports to a schedule report to a custom schedule.

Yeah, not sure why I'm trying to go about it a different way.

This was a bit of a stupid question...I've worked on this template for too long :wacko:

14 hours ago, plannedRITE said:

I also noticed that chief puts rim joists and floor joists both under the same category for schedules

I'm not seeing that behavior. This likely means you've used a rim joist for a joist, or your schedule doesn't include the appropriate categories to differentiate.

8 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I'm not seeing that behavior. This likely means you've used a rim joist for a joist, or your schedule doesn't include the appropriate categories to differentiate.

The only way that I'm seeing to differentiate the two is to manually set one of them to report to a custom schedule category. The default framing categories do not include rim joists as a standalone option. Am I missing something?

10 minutes ago, plannedRITE said:

Am I missing something

Well, I think so...if you post your plan file or send me a PM with a dropbox / google drive link to download your plan file, I'll take a look and see how I can help.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Well, I think so...if you post your plan file or send me a PM with a dropbox / google drive link to download your plan file, I'll take a look and see how I can help.

I can't share this one but, as a reference, here are the included framing categories. No rim joist, I checked older versions as well with the same result. (To be clear, I'm really not that concerned about this, custom categories are a quick workaround even though it's a bandaid. Just odd to me since Chief has rim joists as a Role and even an OOTB layer.)
image.thumb.png.d4860823718eb22c278205f78e4e0f68.png