Elevation point text rotation

robdyck

In older plans created in previous CA versions, terrain elevation point text would always read correctly, regardless of where the text was positioned relative to the point marker. That no longer works correctly, and I'll be darned if I can figure out how or if this can be corrected. Does anyone know how this can be corrected? Or if it can?

Chief's Template Plan does NOT have Auto Adjust Text Direction checked for any marker defaults. For markers, this setting does need to be checked.

image.thumb.png.12064274a9c52289b2fe46dae1803dad.png

image.png

Unfortunately the same behavior seems to exist in X14.  Seems like a bug to me worse than when you rotate something and it decides to face left when plans are read from the bottom or right side and stapled on the left no matter which way the water swirls when you flush ?? 

52 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Seems like a bug to me

I don't know this for sure but it seems like an unintended consequence. I'm not sure why Chief's template plan has Auto Adjust Text Direction unchecked...that's the opposite of how it should be setup. I've sent this in to Tech Support and I'll update this topic if I hear anything worth sharing.