How Do I "turn Off" Auto Deck Framing?

CWdesign

Recently migrated from X1 to X5 - no surprise, much to like, some to dislike...

Specifically, I'm working on a house with a walkout wall, deck above.  Default, auto-deck-framing on.  So, I don't like the post configuration generated by auto-framing.  No big deal - edit it, turn auto-framing off (in the Default -> Room -> Deck menu).  At least, that's what I thought...

EVERY time I alter anything related to the exterior shell, the deck reverts to "auto-frame".  I've had to re-configure this deck at least 5 times now - it's getting old, to say the least.  The last time was after I changed the siding color (in the Wall Types Definitions dialog).  

Obviously, I'm missing something.  Any ideas?

post-4731-0-03531500-1425158258_thumb.jpg

post-4731-0-02288300-1425158259_thumb.jpg

Perhaps a clue?

I made the alterations (again!), saved the project, and closed the program.  When I re-opened it, it had reverted to "auto" configuration...   :angry:

This is getting to be more than just a little bit frustrating!  :rolleyes:

<edit>

THIS TIME - I'm going to get my elevation views done.  Then if the durn thing decides to revert, I won't care.  I hope...

</edit>

I do not believe there is such a thing called "Auto-Deck Framing". When you name a enclosed space "Deck" then thereafter when that room is selected the option to "Build Deck Framing" then appears as an Icon in your "Edit Toolbar" which you can manually click on or not at your choice. To have that room frame as a regular room, just change the name from "Deck" to a different type of room name (Balcony, etc) which will then manually change the potential framing. If your Deck is over a Terrain Plane and named a "Deck" then as part of naming that room a "Deck" will come extended posts and footings but those can be manually edited or deleted at your choice.

DJP

Got it - finally!  

@Darwzilla - yep, that's exactly what I'd done (I think - different screens, different versions?).  See below.  Even minimizing and re-maximizing the screen caused the durn thing to "re-frame"...

@DJP - that was the clue I needed.  Call it what you like - I'd say "Auto Deck Framing" and "Automatic Deck Framing" are pretty synonymous.   ;)   Regardless, that option WAS checked in the Room Definition dialog.  Once turned off, the problem appears to be resolved.  

Many thanks to both of you for the assist - it's much appreciated!   :)

post-4731-0-98450700-1425170659_thumb.jpg

post-4731-0-24492700-1425170668_thumb.jpg