Project scale problem

MartyNel

I have the Architect trial version. I am creating a new project which is about 100 ft x 40ft. My problem is that the grid scale is 1/4 in per ft so my 100 foot project won't fit. I need to change the scale size of the grid. I've googled it many times and all the info I see says either File>Print>Drawing sheet setup to change scale size-or-Pixel size. This may work for printing a completed plan, but it does not change the scale for starting a new plan. Does anyone know how to change the scale?

Thanks,

Marty

Marty,

All CAD programs internally use Real World Scale 1' = 1'. So the ONLY time you need to worry about scale is when you print to PDF or Paper so the drawing fits the smaller space of those graphic environments. Wish you some success on your journey!

DJP

When starting a plan file (and always) you are drawing in real world scale. 1"=1". When you send to Layout, you define what scale you send. This is where it becomes important to be aware of what scale you intend to send to Layout if you want your text and callouts to have a relative size when in Layout. For me, if I am working on a plan or elevation view that will be sent to Layout at 1/4 scale, my text is 5". If sending at 1/8", then text is 10". For your 100' long plan, you could possibly send at 3/16" scale and it could fit on a 36" wide sheet. There is also a sheet display in plan view and that could be what is bothering your eyes?