Flat Ceiling Meets Sloped Ceiling.

Nate_M

I'm hoping someone here can share their experience creating a nice meeting point between a flat ceiling and a sloped ceiling (vaulted room). I attached a picture of what I have created so far. Is there a way to place the base of the sloped ceiling exactly at the location of where the flat ceiling ends. I'm using a room divider to separate the two areas. I'm using manually placed roof planes to generate the sloped ceiling. I can get the edges close, but I suspect there is a way to place the sloped ceiling more accurately. I've just been guessing to get it as close as I can. I really don't like resorting to just guessing values. 

Also, this type of ceiling arrangement is not that uncommon so I'm confident someone else here has run into having to produce this same type of thing. How do you go about lining things up?

Sloped Ceiling Meets Flat Ceiling.jpg

Looks like it's where you want it.  No?

Examine the joint in a section view, measure how you would like to relocate your ceiling plane.  Without a plan to examine, it's unclear whether your ceilings are roof bottom layers, or ceiling plans you drew.  Ceiling planes are readily relocated with the x-y-z move tool.