Screen Material Scale on Door & Window

LotzCC

Go to solution Solved by SNestor,

I am adding a screened patio with screen panel windows and a screen door and have selected the same screen material for both. As you can see on the attached image, the screen material shows differently on the door with the material image texture showing much larger. I am also attaching my CA file.

CA Screenshot.jpg

Thompson 1.1.plan

On 2/9/2024 at 10:26 AM, LotzCC said:

As you can see on the attached image, the screen material shows differently on the door with the material image texture showing much larger

In this case it is that particular Door you chose from the Library  (a Bug)  switch it to the default Glass Panel door and the Materials show the same however,

the "screen" you chose is actually a fabric, not Window Screen Material , have a look at the plan I attached, it has 2 different ones you can play with and save to your Library.

Ooops looks like you have X14 so my plan might not be openable unless you have X15 and need to update your Sig.?

Mick.

X15 Plan only :   Thompson1.1_MHD.plan

Thanks Kbird1,

I am using X15 and can open your file. You are correct in pointing out my screen material is using a fabric texture. I was not able to find a screen material in any of the Chief catalogs and created my own screen using a fabric texture as directed by a one of the how to make a screened patio videos. It appears that your screen material that uses the mesh texture is scaling the same when applied to the door and the screen panels. This is not the case for the screen material that I was using. Seems like if the same material is applied to any objects in the plan, it should display the same no matter where it is used.

7 hours ago, LotzCC said:

Thanks Kbird1,

I am using X15 and can open your file. You are correct in pointing out my screen material is using a fabric texture. I was not able to find a screen material in any of the Chief catalogs and created my own screen using a fabric texture as directed by a one of the how to make a screened patio videos. It appears that your screen material that uses the mesh texture is scaling the same when applied to the door and the screen panels. This is not the case for the screen material that I was using. Seems like if the same material is applied to any objects in the plan, it should display the same no matter where it is used.

As I mentioned there is a bug in that particular door you were using from the Library it seems. There are 2 different mesh materials in the Plan now, the one on the front is different than the side with the door, but it maybe you have found a wider bug too, if so it should be reported.

M.

• Solution

I agree with Mick...there is some issue with the door you placed. 

So...just change the door to the standard glass panel door...and change the material to screen. Also...you should edit the "pattern" in the material so it looks correct in Vector view. I've attached a couple screen clips.
2024-02-14_13-18-40.thumb.png.f6c5284f5ef305a2b1a5bc9dc490c9f9.png

2024-02-14_13-19-10.thumb.png.5bcd1a5772933eecdc4317fae4d54a6e.png