Easiest way to mirror a completed plan?

willgrantii

24 minutes ago, willgrantii said:

What is the best way to go about locking all the layers I have and mirror them just as they are for left and rights of the same plan? 

image.thumb.png.5e3532c7288216a63b6a64cbf2fddbc1.pngReverse Plan tool.

Lot's of discussion on this topic, searching this form is a great resource (see link at end of post).  I recommend the 'Edit Area all Floors' technique discussed in some of these threads so the elevations stay in place...the reverse plan tool is the easiest and quickest, but reverses about 0,0 which makes the cameras offset, etc.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/search/?&q="reverse plan"&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

42 minutes ago, BenPalmer said:

reverses about 0,0 which makes the cameras offset, etc.

Not an issue in X15 as you can now pan about in your layout box.  You will have the same issue with edit area all floors tool and other issues that will come about.

Highly reccomend reverse plan tool for side to side and edit area all floors for front to back flips.

52 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Not an issue in X15 as you can now pan about in your layout box.  You will have the same issue with edit area all floors tool and other issues that will come about.

Highly reccomend reverse plan tool for side to side and edit area all floors for front to back flips.

@rgardner thanks for the feedback...I just tried the 'reverse plan' tool in X15 in the .plan file and it still mirrors offset and doesn't reverse terrain, camera offsets, etc.  When using 'edit area' and setting the reflect point at dead center of the project, none of those issues come up.  ...let me know what I'm missing.  I'm all for using the best tool available. :)

16 minutes ago, BenPalmer said:

@rgardner thanks for the feedback...I just tried the 'reverse plan' tool in X15 in the .plan file and it still mirrors offset and doesn't reverse terrain, camera offsets, etc.  When using 'edit area' and setting the reflect point at dead center of the project, none of those issues come up.  ...let me know what I'm missing.  I'm all for using the best tool available. :)

Is your model way off of 0?  Best practices is to start your model at 0,0.  Since Terrain is specific to the property then you would obviously need to adjust what you would adjust on site of terrain modifiers.

15 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Is your model way off of 0?  Best practices is to start your model at 0,0.  Since Terrain is specific to the property then you would obviously need to adjust what you would adjust on site of terrain modifiers.

Not 'way off' zero...I always start centered on it, but naturally during the design process, it will get offset from it some what.  So, if centered on zero, then reverse plan works great, but I'm never perfectly centered on it, but typically within 5-20'.  As far as terrain, my properties are flat and rectangular, so no issues with adjustments there, but reverse plan makes it off centered as it doesn't rotate with reverse plan, but adjusts perfectly with 'edit area'.

Thanks for exploring the options with me, I wanted to see if I missed a change with an upgrade....seems to be working the same it always has.  Perhaps a feature upgrade would be to have 'reverse plan' prompt how to reverse it...on zero or on models center. ;)

Thanks again for the feedback.

21 minutes ago, BenPalmer said:

Not 'way off' zero...I always start centered on it, but naturally during the design process, it will get offset from it some what.  So, if centered on zero, then reverse plan works great, but I'm never perfectly centered on it, but typically within 5-20'.  As far as terrain, my properties are flat and rectangular, so no issues with adjustments there, but reverse plan makes it off centered as it doesn't rotate with reverse plan, but adjusts perfectly with 'edit area'.

Thanks for exploring the options with me, I wanted to see if I missed a change with an upgrade....seems to be working the same it always has.  Perhaps a feature upgrade would be to have 'reverse plan' prompt how to reverse it...on zero or on models center. ;)

Thanks again for the feedback.

The problem is in some cases the edit all area function will cause problems with the Cad work, where the reverse doesn't.  It will depend on how far advanced your plans are when you switch it as to what method might be necessary.  However I believe that Chief still recommends the reverse plan tool for side to side.